TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR THE AIRPORT WORKING PARTY
The terms of reference of the Group are as follows:
1. Consideration of the airports proposed night flying policy including establishment of parameters for community consultation and assessment of technical criteria against which the policy can be judged.
2. Review of the existing section 106 agreement for the airport. The Working Party knowledge of that agreement and understanding of the issues based upon visits to other similar airports with higher levels of passenger and freight traffic to assist in a review of that agreement.
3. Work towards the preparation of a supplementary planning document relating to the development of the airport to provide a policy basis for the Council to steer airport growth in a manner that is environmentally acceptable.
4. Additional visits to other airports to provide further background information and understanding of the implications of airport development proposals.
5. The Group may wish to set out a programme of work and a timetable of meetings. Ideally there is a need for the group to meet in good enough time in order to allow full consideration of significant items of business in time for the Overview and Scrutiny Panel meetings.
6. Research and make recommendations on future public engagement.
7. Review the arrangements of other regional airports.
8. Review the results of public engagement and report to the Panel for decision.
9. Submit written interim and final reports with recommendations to the Overview and Scrutiny Panel.